Home Organization Binder ... The Dividers

10.28.2011

My next step was getting some dividers set!  Again, with my supplies from my classroom, I had these available to me.  For now, I have 8 sections ... knowing that these will probably change over the course of actual use!  The sections I have set are: Schedules, Meals, Cleaning, Finances, Important Numbers, Menus, House Projects, Special Events.  I do plan on using page protectors in some areas of my binder, so I wanted to be sure the dividers stuck out past all the pages.  In the past I had used tabs and secured those on to the page protector. 


However, in my blog readings of those genius people out there ... I read somewhere (sorry, don't remember where exactly) that you can slide the tabbed dividers into the page protectors, with a simple slit along the side ... GENIUS!!!

So ... I gathered my Exacto knife, dividers, page protectors ... and a ruler, to get things started!  All I simply did was lay the page protector over the tabbed divider.  With my Exacto knife, I made a small slit on both sides of the tab.  Then ... I slide the ruler into the page protector and used it as the "cutting mat" to slice between the two slits!!  Gently slide the divider into the page protector, while slightly rolling back the tab ... lined it up ... and through the slit it came!! 

And then ... tah dah!!!  Tabs that can be seen with lots of binder goodies stuffed!!  Time to start loading it up with all the paper piles around the house!!  Yippee!!  It's the little things that excite me!! 


Also, a side note ... I printed on the labels that came with the dividers.  When printing, since there is a glossy finish to the labels, I used the Glossy Photo Paper setting, as the first time I did it, the ink was bubbly and shear ... as you can see here at the beginning of the words!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...