Menu Board

2.11.2012

I've been dying to make a menu board for our kitchen ... hubs is always asking what's for dinner, what are we having tonight ... etc.  As our little guy gets older, I'm sure he will proudly follow in his daddy's footsteps in wanting to know what's for dinner! 


I fell in love with Jen's chalkboard menu, from IHeart Organizing, that she made from an old cabinet door she found!  Personally, I'm not a big fan of chalk, mainly the dusty mess.  I know they have the chalk markers out, but still, the erasing and white dust left behind is something this ... uhm ... shall I be nice to myself ... anal retentive perfectionist has a hard time with. 

So, I decided on using a frame ... got at Michaels awhile back ... 50% off + additional 25% off ... so next to nothing.  I picked out some fabric to add some pop of color, which I'm currently working on doing in our kitchen/family room area.  Grabbed some coordinating ribbon and scrapbooking paper.  And off I went.


I used my Silhouette Cameo to cut out the circles and letters.  Taped the fabric around a piece of thin cardboard.  Glued the cut pieces to the fabric ... easier said then done when the fabric was skewed a bit in one direction ... ugh!  Added a bit of ribbon to frame out each section ... wahla! 


I love!  Can't wait to fill it in for the week tomorrow and won't have to keep hubby guessing ... or asking!  Also, it will help me throughout my day to know what needs to be pulled out of the freezer, fridge, pantry, etc., etc., etc.!

More Link PARTIES!!!  Linked up on

A Bowl Full of Lemons

http://www.thegrantlife.com/search/label/financial%20friday

13 comments:

  1. You are Awesome! I have been in search for a Menu Board and THIS IS IT! I LOVE it!! So excited to have found your blog, and I am a new follower! Have a wonderful day!-Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this!! I get asked by my husband and our 3 boys constantly!! This is BRILLIANT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great idea...may I ask why Thursday has an R?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks gals!

    @Pam ... great question ... I've always deciphered between Tuesday and Thursday with the R ... it relates back to my teaching days and making quick personal schedules!! Now with this, I did the same out of habit ... but nothing for Saturday and Sunday!! No clue why I did, I just did! One of my many, little quirks, I suppose!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That menu board looks so great. I definitely want to make one - it would help us plan our week so much better. I just read through your whole blog - I can't believe your blog is only a few months old - it looks SO polished! And I've always used R for Thursdays too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks ... I just did a quick list today ... yep, our "R" was there! :) Christy

      Delete
  6. Very nice! I've always used an "H" for Thursday so I totally get your "R".

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute cute cute! I love the way this turned out :)

    Thank you for linking up to my Friday party.. you were one of the most viewed links! Check it out tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelley! I most certainly will!! Appreciate you hosting!!
      :) Christy

      Delete
  8. so is the dry erase surface the glass front of the frame??..I totally want to do this!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've got it!! I use an Expo dry/erase marker and it wipes of with a dry paper towel or Kleenex ... so easy!! Good luck!
      :) Christy

      Delete
  9. Hey Christy, Love the board! How big is your frame? We want to do this at a craft night. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the menu board but not clear on what you did. Is the glass intact? You write on the actual glass and the white part is paper?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...