Simple Family Monogram

2.24.2012

Not sure if I have mentioned it before, but my husband is a high school athletic director! He loves what he does and is very dedicated to his job ... which we appreciate because it allows me to be home with our son. This also requires many hours away from home as well with having to attend sporting events about every other night!

Though to help him out a bit ... and to support my crafting, Pinteresting, designing, organizing habit ... I also watch a couple kiddos throughout the week ... 1 little one on M-W-F and another little one all week!

So, needless to say, some weeks there is very little time for crafting, blogging, interneting, you know ... the "me" stuff!

So on days like this ... I like to try and get in little projects, if I can manage! As I type, all 3 of the little ones are snoozing ... though one is stirring a bit!

Any who ... onto the important part of the post ... the Simple Family Monogram!

We had a couple pictures hanging on our "thermostat" wall ... (warning ... horrible picture ahead!)


For those that know me ... the asymmetry here is KILLING me!  So, I needed something to go on the right and balance it out! 

I had seen many cute Family Monograms on Pinterest, two of my favs...



Ahhh ... some day ... But, just no time ...

So ... I found some pretty paper in my scrapbooking stash that went with the teal and lime pops I'm trying to add to our kitchen/living room area. I decided on the teal this time!

First, I ran it through my Silhouette and cut out a simple large B ...

Then, I ran some black through to cut out the EST and year ...

I mounted this on some trimmed to size (8x10) neutral paper ...

Placed it in the black frame ... wah lah!!


And to help balance out the wall ... for my sanity ...




Ahh ... balance!!

Linking here ...

monogram The Shabby Nest http://www.thegrantlife.com/search/label/financial%20friday Weekend Bloggy Reading Positively Splendid DelectableHome

21 comments:

  1. These are adorable!! I am excited I found your blog from over at The Grant Life. I am your newest follower :)


    Michala
    P.S. I just started a new blog as well over at thehallyhousehold.blogspot.com

    Come on by!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michala!! I appreciate it very much! On my way "over!" :) Christy

      Delete
  2. Stopping by from The Grant Life. I'm getting married in May and might just have to make one of these (in fact it's already been pinned!). It turned out too cute! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats Katherine!! How so very exciting for you!! An EST date soon to arrive!! All my best! :) Christy

      Delete
  3. What a fast, simple way to update your home decor. I love how it ended up and I can't wait to make it as wedding gifts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katie!! Wedding gifts ... what a genius you are!! Thanks for the tip and stopping by! I so appreciate it! :) Christy

      Delete
  4. Thanks for your sweet comment on my boys' bedroom the other day... I couldn't reply directly since you didn't have your email listed, but I wanted to let you know that I really appreciate your kind words! I really DO love my boys and I'm grateful when my crazy DIY ideas can actually be something they enjoy :) I love this monogram you created.... looks great with the other pictures on your wall! Have a great weekend, Holly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You bet Holly! And thanks for letting me know ... duh ... better get that email up!! Ah ... thanks for helping out the rookie blogger! I SO appreciate it!
      :) Christy

      Delete
  5. Stopping by from the Saturday Seven Party! http://queenofsavings.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute and simple. Maybe someday I'll get a silhouette...sigh...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Someday ... just watch for those deals!! For now ... how about printing an outline onto trimmed for the printer scrapbook paper and then hand cutting it out ... it wouldn't be ALL too much cutting!! Good luck!! And thanks so much for the sweet comment!!
      :) Christy

      Delete
  7. I love it...I love how simple it is to make! Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Leslie!! I'm all about simple ... well usually!! Glad you like it! And I SO appreciate the following!!
      :) Christy

      Delete
  8. This is adorable!! I am fairly new to the blog world, would you mind giving me advice on how to link to you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kimberly!! I see since this morning you're added your photo! TOO stinkin' cute!! If you go to my sidebar, you'll see the Google Friend Connect (GFC) box ... click follow and you'll be added as a follower and then whenever I post a new blog post, you'll see it come up automatically in your blogger dashboard! Also, if you want to start gaining followers ... I'm in!! Go to add gadget in the Design portion of your dashboard and set up the Followers List!! If you'd like to chat ... it's always great to have an email available on your blog somewhere so people (like me!!) can respond directly back to you ... I just recently figured this out too!! Feel free to email me if you have more questions along the way! I've found it's a learn as you go kind of fun! And, believe me ... you can get LOST in it! Good luck!
      :) Christy

      Delete
  9. Love it! I've just got to get a Silhouette! Thanks for linking up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tisha!! I am in LOVE with your blog!! It's so darn cute!! And thanks for stopping by ... it dawned on me that I never added your button! It's there now!! I so appreciate you hosting!
      :) Christy

      Delete
  10. This looks so cute next to the family pictures! Cute idea! We loved having you link up to "Strut Your Stuff Saturday." We hope to have you back again soon!! -The Sisters

    ReplyDelete
  11. It would have driven me nuts too.. but I dont think I would have come up with something that cute! What a great monogram.. I love it!

    Ps.. thanks for linking up to my Friday party.. Im sharing this on my facebook and twitter!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...