Time to Paint the Mantel ... but what??

2.18.2012

Our mantel has become one of my favorite places to decorate ... especially for the seasonal holidays! I'm about to take down the Valentine's decor, but before some Spring motif goes up ... I am tired of the meduim oak finish ... yuck!!!

However, I'm stuck ... I can't seem to decide what I want to do with it ...

Here are the options I'm thinking ...

Option 1: Paint the mantel white to match the rest of the trim in the house ...

See how the trim is all white around the windows ...

Option 2: Paint the mantel a dark espresso/cherry type of color to match the painted mirror ... and the leather tone of our furniture ...


See how the mirror is a deep brownish color ...


Option 3:  Paint the mantel black to match the fire place front ...

See that black ... not all that crazy about the fireplace style, but it's not going anywhere anytime soon!!

Option 4:  Using any of the finishes above ... I was thinking of maybe giving it a rustic, beat up type of finish by wearing away the fresh coat of paint and adding some gouges and hammer impressions.


AGHHH ... decisions, decisions!!

On a side note ... also to consider, we will be adding an entertainment wall unit (once that tax $ comes through ... fingers crossed for a nice return) in the deep espresso type finish ... at least that's the plan as of now ... knowing the color choice will probably change by the time we go pick it out! 

Thanks ahead of time for your input!  If you have any other options ... please let me know ... we're open to any suggestions!

3 comments:

  1. I am a SUCKER for Dark Cherry/Espresso Color. I think it would love Amazing! And Pop that Mantel Out! Can't wait to see what you do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found you on Pinterest. Now following both GFC and Linky.
    I'd paint it the dark color. We have an oak colored mantel and I want to paint it dark brown. YOU go first :) I think it would look good any color. The great thing about paint, its not permanent!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Gals!!

    @Sherry ... I so appreciate the followings!!

    I agree totally ... I think I'm going to go dark espresso"y" with it!! Just finished painting the hubby's man cave ... mantel is on the agenda next!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...