A Little Dr Seuss Fun!!

3.02.2012

It's been a pretty standard week around here ... all work and little play!!  This week I've been working on some party favors and decor for one of the dear little ladies I watch!! 

Happy 1st Birthday Evie!!


Evie is a special little lady who is also a preemie like our Bryce, so we have a pretty special place in our hearts for her!!  She is the big 1 today and we will be celebrating tomorrow ... Dr. Seuss style!! 

Her mom sent me some goodies she liked from Etsy to give me an idea of the direction she was going ... I was so excited to put my Silhouette to work once again!!

I made cupcake toppers by creating a PDF with some characters on Print Shop.  I punched those out with a circle punch.  Then I used the Silhouette to cut out larger circles from fun scrapbook paper as well as larger scallop circles for the backing with solid textured cardstock!



(More pictures to follow when they are on the cupcakes tomorrow!!)

I also made the fun sign you saw at the beginning!!  She had seen some Etsy sites that would create a PDF to have blown up into a large print, but she wanted more of an actual crafty type sign ... so I wrapped a piece of foam board in fun wrapping paper I found at Hobby Lobby.  I made a stencil of a scalloped border on the Silhouette to use as a tracer on a regular piece of poster board ... then cut that out (boy to I wish I could get the Silhouette to do these large jobs)!!  Then used a Dr Seuss font and cut out the saying along with the little mayor letters.  Added a circle with her pic and wah lah!!  A fun welcome sign to get guests in the Seussville spirit right as they enter the door!!



She also requested a Happy Birthday banner ... again, used the Silhouette to cut letters and printed scallop circles.  Then, simply cut a sheet of scrapbook paper in quarters and rounded the edges for the backing paper.  I used yellow and red ribbon along with white and blue tulle to add a little pizazz when connecting the letter squares!



Lastly, she needed some casual favor tags for just a few favors for the little ones attending the party tomorrow!  So ... once again (broken record) I used the Silhouette to cut out solid scallop circles and pattern circles.  Used Print Shop to make a quick PDF with a little saying of thanks I found online ... added some ribbon ... and tah dah ... a simple, yet cute little favor tag!



I will be sure and add some "in use" photos tomorrow at the party (when hopefully the natural light will be much better then in these ... sorry)!!  Can't wait to see it all together with all the other goodies she's been working on and placed orders for!

More importantly I can't wait to celebrate this little lady!!  Again ... the Happiest of Birthdays Miss Evie!!  XOXO

Linking up here this week!!


 

Weekend Bloggy Reading

2 comments:

  1. I love the cupcake toppers. Now wish I was eating a cupcake.

    Everything you made looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What cute ideas! I just found your blog and became a follower. I'd love to have you stop by my brand new blog and follow me, too! Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...