Quick Mantel Redo

3.15.2012

I finally got around to painting our mantel this past weekend!  I wanted a quick change ... eventually I'd like to change out the mantel and add a wooden surround with new dimension ... among other things!  For now, my goal was to get rid of the medium oak ... and now we're one step closer!!


I started by simply sanding the old mantel to get the sheen of the finish off ...


I then wiped all the dust off and gave it one more sanding for safe measure ...



Then I used a pretinted quart of paint from Lowe's ... Valspar's Java Brown ... I applied 3 coats ... just to be safe!  Coverage was great with this paint ... I was very impressed!!

I am very happy with how it turned out!!  The finishes are a tad off between the mantel and the mirror ... I may seal it with a polyurethane so then I can have a nice clean seal and match the sheen to the mirror a little closer! 


Now ... something MUST be done with that tile!!  ;)  Not to mention those medium oak kitchen cabinets in the reflection!! 

For now ... some Spring decor is a necessity!!

4 comments:

  1. Ohhh.. how pretty! I love the new look! Cant wait to see what you do with the rest :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember you asked awhile back for some suggestions! I love what you did with this! Perfect Perfect Fix! Looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all of the projects you do! My blog was awarded the Liebster Award last week, and I'd like to pass it on to you! I'll announce it on my blog this Saturday, so stop by to check it out!

    http://www.gratefulbelly.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty! I have this same paint from Lowes! I love the rich dark color!
    Sherry's Bees Nest

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...