Pinterest Bust!!!

1.31.2013

Our home has hardwood floors throughout our kitchen and breakfast nook!! While this is easy cleanup, it also becomes a slippery surface for a toddler!! Therefore I had to figure out a solution to having my carpets remain put with an active toddler constantly running his "laps!!"
To Pinterest I went...but of course!! I found a link to the wonderful blog In This Crazy Life which is found here!!
http://inthiscrazylife-bethany.blogspot.com/2012/02/tips-and-tricks-part-2.html?m=1 She shared a tip from good ole Martha Stewart!!
Perfect!! I grabbed caulk and off I went!! I let it dry for almost two full days on my craft tables (I know...two whole days without crafting)!! It worked wonders!! My rugs stayed put for quite a long time...until I went to move the rugs to give my floor a hands-and-knees scrub!!! Pulled up the rugs and ... the caulk remained ... on the hardwood!! Ruuh-roh Scooby!!! Now, I went back and read that tip...I must admit I didn't pay attention to the type...though my tube of caulk doesn't have any "type" listed...it was the cheaply stuff, of course!!
I pulled what I could up, cautiously! Luckily only the caulk came up!! However, not all the caulk would come up!! Ughhh!! So, after purchasing new rugs, I simply laid them over the remaining caulk!! Well, today is time for another round of hands-and-knees scrubbing of the hardwoods!!
Well, I refuse to leave the caulk on the floor anymore!! So here I am with a small putty knife, carefully scrapping away the caulk!!
I guess those rug pads are worth the money...and time...in the long run!! Lesson learned!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...